Your end user experience for cloud-delivered applications
is only as good as the network transporting them.
It has been six months since the global health crisis invoked government-mandated “shelter-in-place.” Yet many organizations that scrambled to standup hundreds of work-from-home offices are continually experiencing unpredictable user experiences due to congested network traffic and unstable connectivity. Decentralized @home employees expecting the same high-quality experience as when accessing their corporate network in the office were in for an unpleasant surprise. Slow bandwidth connections, jitter and poor voice quality began hindering their ability to carry out business activities.
Purpose-built for remote working
Software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) optimizes network connectivity wherever employees are located. Using a combination of error-correcting bandwidth management, traffic steering and link conditioning, SD-WAN ensures high availability of quality bandwidth for faster response to application flow.
Let’s take a look how Magna5’s SD-WAN solution enables you to create a more resilient network for your branch locations and remote users by leveraging the most cost-effective and bandwidth-rich WAN connections to improve voice and application performance.
- Know what’s happening on your network – Our SD-WAN solution is supported by a rapid-response team working from Magna5’s 24/7/365 Operations Center. Certified engineers have full visibility into your WAN networks where they troubleshoot and watch the characteristics and performance of each branch or remote connection. With insight into traffic entering and leaving your network, we have full understanding when you experience fluctuating peaks and valleys in traffic flow. This enables us to proactively alert, troubleshoot and optimize traffic flow in real-time.
- Never worry about downtime or low bandwidth availability – Today’s anywhere, anytime-connected work environment uses a wide range of communication channels, including video conferencing and streaming, to collaborate across diverse geographical areas. With SD-WAN, Magna5 combines the benefits of cloud-based services with real-time traffic orchestration to ensure high availability of quality bandwidth for faster response and application flow. If a call is experiencing choppy jitter or latency, SD-WAN automatically corrects the struggling traffic connection and routes it to a better connection without a session drop.
- Steer traffic bandwidth where it is needed most – Applications such as Salesforce.com, Microsoft 365, collaboration portals and video conferencing tools, like Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams, are high-priority applications for most organizations. SD-WAN applies policy parameters for traffic steering and application recognition that allow priority traffic to get from point A to point B without interruption or degradation.
- Eliminate slow traffic with reliable application performance and quality voice connections – SD-WAN edge devices connected to Magna5 cloud gateways provide an extra layer of redundancy assuring failover to the best available circuit to improve voice quality and avoid downtime of critical applications. Whether using single or multiple connections, SD-WAN intelligently steers traffic from different connections into a single virtual overlay to improve real-time traffic performance. “Always-on” connectivity eliminates dropped calls that can have a huge impact on business revenues and user experiences.
- Connect branch offices without the high up-front capital costs – SD-WAN enables you to improve your network resiliency without incurring the high cost of physically ripping and replacing expensive equipment. It is simple to deploy, with low-touch installation and point-and-click provisioning. You only pay a predictable monthly charge. Activation, configuration and ongoing management are handled in the cloud by Magna5.
Are your traditional WAN networks struggling to support the new wave of remote workers with reliable connectivity? We can help. Check out our webinar: “Why Invest in SD-WAN?” to learn more.
Mike Penn joined Magna5 as Senior Content Developer. His role is to bring to life stories that inspire or inject clarity in how managed services and emerging trends can be applied to help organizations operate better and more efficiently.